Happy new year everyone! I hope your 2016 is full of fun and joy!
This morning (or shall I say afternoon), I came downstairs to see 8 overly ripe bananas. Not wanting to throw them away I thought I could use three separate recipes to make some vegan treats! I will be uploading these recipes in sections. So here is the first, and look out for next week for the next!
As you can see, even if the bananas are slightly brown on the outside, on the inside they will still be perfectly fine!
First, vegan banana bread! (adapted from the bbc)
You will need:
- 220g of plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 70g ground nutmeg oil
- nuts or fruits (optional)
- 3 bananas
- Preheat the oven to 200° and line your tin with greaseproof paper
- Mash the bananas with a fork and set aside
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon)
- Mix the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, nutmeg oil)
- Combine the ingredients
- When the consistency is thick, pour in the tin and set timer on oven for 20 mins
- Check after 20 mins, if the top of the bread is going brown cover with tin foil
- Continue to cook for 40 mins
- Tadaa! Let the loaf cool and then slice and enjoy!
Top Tip: You can put the mixture in muffin cases and half the amount of time in the oven.
Thank you so much for reading! I shall update next week 🙂
Love, Amelia xxx