I am a great lover of books and am constantly buying more and more. Because of this, I try to buy copies second hand. Not only is this cost effective, but, more importantly, it is much better for the environment!
Here are some books that I have picked up in the last month. However, a lot of them were given to me, so to avoid confusion, I will outline the purchases below…
What I bought:
- Moon Time – £3.50 Ebay (incl packaging)
- The Complete Novels, George Orwell – £2.50 (charity shop in Kent)
- Mansfield Park – 50p (charity shop in Kent)
- The Book Lovers’ Companion – £4.00 Ebay (incl packaging)
- Art Treasures of the World – £5.50 (from a book stall along Southbank)
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles – £2.99 Oxfam Books
- Far from the Madding Crowd – £2.99 Oxfam Books
- Wuthering Heights – £2.99 Oxfam Books (forgot to add to bookshelf for picture!)
I will crack on and try to read all, if not at least half before the end of the holidays. I will then be off to university to study English Literature (hopefully)! Fingers crossed!